Search Engine Optimisation is one of the top marketing practices used by online businesses today, used to strategically position websites in search engines. But, as always, the internet is constantly evolving and what might have been effective 5 years ago may not work so well today.
Here are some SEO tips for 2012 to keep your site up to date.
1. Serious companies should adapt a software system into their marketing for optimum results. There are numerous tools available, including Bookmarking Demon, Traffic Geyser and Magic Article Rewriter. It is important to keep up with the latest software opportunities available for SEO, as programming is rapidly developing.
2. Social networking now plays a major role in search engine optimisation. Social networking sites such as Google +, Twitter and Facebook should be used to promote and boost your search engine rankings. Sharing will not only boost your ranking but also expose your content and create the opportunity for it to go viral!
3. Mobile devices take up a large portion of web browsing these days. Optimise your site for mobile browsing and you are good to go!
4. Quality content will ALWAYS be better than lots of content.
5. Video marketing! Youtube gives you the opportunity to upload and share videos for free. Why not start your own marketing campaign and make it go viral.